The overriding intention of
the Trustees is that all grants should benefit as many residents of Cumbria as
possible with particular regard to those who are disadvantaged in any way.
There is inevitably a certain amount of overlap between the above
categories as often Social Needs embraces the Arts as does Youth and
What is not funded
- Applicants from outside Cumbria
- Any form of sponsorship
- Religious bodies
- Places of worship - unless there is significant community
use apart from worship.
- Political organisations
- Pressure groups
- Feasibility studies
- Where funding from statutory bodies is or should be
- Schools seeking Specialist Status.
- Return applicants less than 2 years after a successful
- Any form of memorial